For some reason I’ve always associated culottes (a.k.a palazzo pants) with autumn kind of weather, maybe the loose mid-calf length allows for when it’s not too hot and it’s not freezing cold either. I also tend to find them a bit on the boyish side, I call them my ‘fun pants’. I personally like these very loose cropped pants because they’re not tight fitting, tight clothes can be restricting and as I’m getting older I’m less keen on tight clothes.
About this outfit: Culottes- Legit/ Top- The Hub/ Shoes- Missy Missi / Sunnies- Call It Spring
10 ways to style your culottes:
1. A simple laid back all black look that’s mixed with different textures to keep it from being boring
2. Add some more drama to the dramatic wide leg with a glam frilled detailed top
3. Go casual with a denim jacket and/or sandals
4. The athleisure (athletic+leisure) look. Pair your culottes with a T-shirt, a tracksuit jacket and sneakers
5. Denim culottes are great for creating an autumn texture contrast of wool, tweed, and leather along with shades of brown and caramel. Also, culottes have a very wide leg so you can comfortably wear your knee-high boots without having to worry about whether to tuck your jeans into your boots or try roll them over the boot.
6. Let your crop top fever take over. I personally love LOVE crop tops (Crop Top Fever) so the cropped high waist of the culottes let me get away with wearing a top that just touches my waist
7. Summer minimalist chic with a light strappy camisole. This creates a free flowing aesthetic
8. Show off your very pretty shoes! Let your shoes be the main attraction of the outfit
9. Culottes are a full voluminous garment you can wear with a teeny tiny barely there top. The two balance each other out nicely
10. Work wear. Culottes are a great alternative to your cigarette and chino style pants and are the equivalent of the midi skirt. Match them with a conservative blouse
Thanks for visiting and I hope you’re having a fun weekend. Let’s stay connected on Instagram @angietinashe.