Nope it’s not my birthday but I did turn 25 this year a couple months ago and I thought I’d share a bit of what I’ve learned in the 25 years of my existence =) Turning 25 was a major thing for me, I get to really turn over a new leaf and just elevate on to higher levels in life. You know better so yo ass better do better! I’m right in the middle of my twenties, got 5 more years to really make it count until the Dirrrty Thirrrties baby! And I got myself some pretty new shoes. Spoil thyself!
1. Always be open to learning something new, big or small. Enrich your skills set and knowledge.
2. Nobody benefits more from your hard work than you. Not your boss, not your parents and not your teachers. Put in as much effort as you can, whatever the result look back and know you can say you tried.
3. Discipline your emotions. As you get older you learn how to think with your head not your temporary emotions. Logic.
4. Sometimes in order to get from point A to point B you have to detour all the way to point D first. Life is not straight forward. It may feel like a wild goose chase at times.
5. Not everybody was raised like you.
6. Don’t be shy to ask for help. Ask and you shall be given. Squash that pride.
7. Let people go! If they want to go let them go. If they want to stay so be it. But just because a person chooses to stay doesn’t mean they must. They could be toxic too…as long as your happiness and sanity doesn’t depends on who’s present or not.
8. Physical presentation is everything. How you walk, talk, dress, behave, carry yourself. … Basically dress how you want to be addressed.
9. When a person shows you their true colours- BELIEVE THEM! Don’t try to justify them to make yourself feel better while living in denial.
10. Never ever readjust yourself to suit people. If a person cannot handle you- tough! You are what you are.
11. Learn to rest not give up when you’re tired.
12. NOTHING is worth poisoning your body, nothing! Alcohol, drugs, unprotected sex, bad diet. Nothing. You have one body and whole life ahead of you.
13. Like boys, friends come and go.
14. When Plan A bombs quickly accept it and move onto Plan B.
15. Your parents are human.
16. Spend money wisely and save but it’s also okay to reward yourself. SHOPPING!
17. Have a social life. No man is an island.
18. As a girl child it is important to aspire to be a ‘somebody’, not a ‘somebody’s’.
19. Surround yourself with like-minded people whom you can talk about your ideas, goals and dreams with. People who are trying to get to the places you’re going to as well.
20. Empower yourself. Nobody is going to come to your house and spoon feed you.
21. Shut up! Not everything needs your opinion.
22. Education is not directly proportional to success (whatever your definition of success may be). Education is merely a vehicle that can get you there. There’s so much more that goes into it.
23. It’s totally okay to be single. Having a bae is not everything.
24. Comparison is thee ultimate thief of joy and you don’t even realise you’re comparing apples with oranges. Keep your eyes on your lane.
25. I am not who I was yesterday. You are not your mistakes and bad decisions. Acknowledge and own your mistakes, make right what you can, pray forgiveness, FORGIVE YOURSELF, let it go and move on.
🔹 🔷 🔹